[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59969: Conditional loading `build_template_part_block_variations` for performance improvement

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 12 13:03:24 UTC 2023

#59969: Conditional loading `build_template_part_block_variations` for performance
improvement
 Reporter:  thekt12                              |       Owner:  thekt12
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by gaambo):

 @joemcgill Implemented the same for Navigation-Link and Post-Term and then
 took a performance.

 In #59906 (based on https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/54801,
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/56100 and
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/56080) I added variations for
 the post-term and navigation link block. Both were mentioned in comment:11

 Should we create/register these variations conditionally (eg only on
 admin) as well? I see the current PR in this ticket still works with the
 code currently in core, which does not have the additional code from my
 GitHub PRs where additional variations are created on post-type/taxonomy
 registration.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59969#comment:13>