[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60031: Cover block min. height if set to a vh value, expands vertically perpetually when viewed zoomed-out in Site editor through Styles > browse styles

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 7 22:23:48 UTC 2023

#60031: Cover block min. height if set to a vh value, expands vertically
perpetually when viewed zoomed-out in Site editor through Styles > browse
styles
 Reporter:  videotutorgr  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  6.4.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Encountered with any cover block used in template,post or page.
 Can be reprodused with the 2024 theme and the "Portfolio project overview"
 pattern in a template or page.
 Occurs when any cover block's min. height is set to a vh value in the Site
 editor settings, and I select the Styles sidebar and from there "Browse
 styles" to view the theme's style presets - when the template or page
 "zooms out" to preview style changes, the cover block's height expands
 vertically perpetually making the preview hard or even impossible (if 100
 vh is entered as min. height).

 I have recorded a short video with the issue here:
 [https://tinyurl.com/52hefp27]

 Sorry if it is already reported and I wasn't able to locate it, and for
 maybe having misscategorized this report... new to the process here.