[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60029: Admin unable to create new Application Password for user with no role on main site (multisite)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 7 13:40:27 UTC 2023

#60029: Admin unable to create new Application Password for user with no role on
main site (multisite)
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  roytanck               |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)           |     Status:  new
Component:  Application Passwords  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                 |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                         |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I ran into this while trying to create an Application Password for a user
 from the network users admin screen (wp-admin/network/user-edit.php). It
 does work from any site's dashboard subsite/wp-admin/user-edit.php .

 Steps to reproduce:

 * I used a completely multisite WP 6.4.2 in subdirectory mode.
 * Log in as an administrator.
 * Create at least one additional site (I called it "subsite").
 * Create a second user, and make them subscriber on "subsite".
 * If present, remove the user from the main site.
 * Go to the network "Users" screen, and edit the user.
 * Try to add an Application Password.

 I got an error saying `Invalid user ID.`.