[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60014: REST endpoint: Output "server errors" if WP_DEBUG = true (register_rest_route)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 5 16:41:18 UTC 2023

#60014: REST endpoint: Output "server errors" if WP_DEBUG = true
(register_rest_route)
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ecc          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by ecc):

 Hi, @TimothyBlynJacobs. WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY is a good idea. I haven't thought
 about it.

 **About the debug.log:**

 While developing, an instant error output is key, in my humble opinion. If
 a site crashes, I want instant feedback if possible. If the API crashes in
 DEV, i need feedback too instantly.

 Digging through debug logs to find an obscure error is possible, but not
 fun at all. :)

 I just tried it in the WordPress REST API for my custom endpoints, and
 because of this experience, I wrote this ticket. :D

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60014#comment:4>