[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59222: Published date should be displayed if there is no modification date in "Post Modified Date" block.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 28 09:15:18 UTC 2023

#59222: Published date should be displayed if there is no modification date in
"Post Modified Date" block.
 Reporter:  benimub      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 While I was testing the FSE theme "Twenty Twenty-Three" to create the
 blog, I wanted to show the modified date of the post. For that, I choose
 "Post Modified Date" block. Then I enabled the toggle option for "Display
 Modified Date".

 Once I enabled this option, now only the modified post will show the date,
 and the published date will not show.

 Suggestion:
 1. Add a condition so that the modified post will show it's date. And if
 it is not modified, then published date should be shown.
 2. Also add label for Published and  Modified Date so that the user won't
 be confused between post date and modified date. At the moment, as there
 is no option of adding label, I added paragraph block for label. Now empty
 label show for the post that has not been modified.