[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59214: Bug: Breaking changes to `wp_register_script` and `wp_enqueue_script` functions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Aug 26 19:44:51 UTC 2023

#59214: Bug: Breaking changes to `wp_register_script` and `wp_enqueue_script`
functions
---------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  vasartam       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  closed

Comment (by vasartam):

 Replying to [comment:1 Clorith]:
 > Hiya, welcome to WordPress trac!
 >
 > Although this is unfortunate, WordPress only advertised beta support for
 PHP 8.0 or later until the release of WordPress 6.3, and despite this
 change, it explicitly does not support the use of named arguments at this
 time.

 > You can read more about WordPress and how it supports PHP versions at
 https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/references/php-compatibility-and-
 wordpress-versions/

 > Since this is explicitly not supported at this time, I'm going to close
 thia ticket for now, but if you'd like to discuss it further replies are
 always possible! (and apologies for the sort of dire t status of
 `wontfix`, it is the closest status that fits the scenario)

 Thanks for the fast and clear reply. I acknowledge the reason the ticket
 is closed, so no worries.

 Now I see what made the WordPress team come up with that decision, thanks
 for pointing this out.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59214#comment:2>