[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52759: Add a filter to get_available_post_mime_types() function to allow overriding extremely slow query.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 25 16:25:35 UTC 2023

#52759: Add a filter to get_available_post_mime_types() function to allow
overriding extremely slow query.
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  maciejmackowiak  |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by johnbillion):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch commit => 2nd-opinion
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 To be honest I would have preferred `available_post_mime_types` (without
 the `get_` prefix) so it's more declarative, but a quick search showed
 that there's a large number of filters with a `get_` prefix so I left it
 at that.

 I guess it could be a `pre_` filter but core is really inconsistent in
 this regard too. Re-opening in case anyone has a strong opinion; if not we
 can re-close.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52759#comment:18>