[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59111: A stale register_core_block_style_handles cache can cause styles not to load

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 21 19:41:27 UTC 2023

#59111: A stale register_core_block_style_handles cache can cause styles not to
load
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  joemcgill     |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by colorful tones):

 * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 This seems to be affecting quite a few migrations and copying of staging
 and production for Local and WP Engine customers. A temporary solution is
 to delete the `wp_core_block_css_file` options, or `DELETE FROM wp_options
 WHERE option_name LIKE '%_transient_wp_core_block_css_files%';`

 A couple more details:
 - When the transient is set
 [https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/87aa505a94ecb15c9384ce10905d921029c659fb
 /wp-includes/blocks/index.php#L48-L53 in core], a duration is not passed
 which means the transient never expires.
 - When the WordPress version is upgraded
 [https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/87aa505a94ecb15c9384ce10905d921029c659fb
 /wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php#L659 in core], the transient gets deleted.

 This is relevant because it means the issue won’t resolve itself until
 WordPress core is upgraded or we take steps to manually delete the option.
 (Co-authored by @kevinwhoffman)

 I'm hoping this may get addressed in the next release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59111#comment:5>