[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59158: Altering Details block styles doubling .wp-block-details class in the output

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 21 12:32:34 UTC 2023

#59158: Altering Details block styles doubling .wp-block-details class in the
output
 Reporter:  randewoo      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Formatting    |    Version:  6.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
 By defaut Details block styles outputs styles for inner paragraph like:
 {{{
 .wp-block-details>:not(summary) {
     margin-block-end: 0;
     margin-block-start: var(--wp--style--block-gap);
 }}}
 ----
 If I want to change margin-block-start on the block level styles I use:

 {{{
 .wp-block-details>:not(summary) {
     margin-block-start: 0;}
 }}}
 BUT it outputs:
 {{{
 .wp-block-details.wp-block-details>:not(summary) {
     margin-block-start: 0;}
 }}}
 ----
 HOWEVER,
 If I use the same in the Additional CSS section of Styles Editor it
 produce expected:
 {{{