[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59123: Customizer "Additional CSS" panel is missing on multisite for administrators

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 16 16:27:55 UTC 2023

#59123: Customizer "Additional CSS" panel is missing on multisite for
administrators
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jakeparis                  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)               |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize                  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal                     |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration, multisite  |
 In a multisite instance, any non-superadmin user can not access the
 Additional CSS panel in the customizer.

 I assume this is a bug, as why would a site administrator ''not'' be
 allowed to add additional css.

 According to ''wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php:5746''
 (WordPress 6.3), the `edit_css` capability should allow access to this
 panel, however adding that capability to the role did not allow access.

 I've seen this error in both WordPress 6.2 and 6.3.