[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43305: Accessibility Issue in Arranging the Menu Items: I need a combobox for selecting the parent item and a combobox for selecting the item position

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 16 16:11:23 UTC 2023

#43305: Accessibility Issue in Arranging the Menu Items: I need a combobox for
selecting the parent item and a combobox for selecting the item position
 Reporter:  javad2000     |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by wmalexander):

 @joedolson a colleague of mine found your WordPress.org profile and
 suggested that you might be someone who could possibly provide some
 information about the likelihood that this issue may someday be addressed.
 Do you know if this is the kind of accessibility issue that might be on
 the docket for attention in the foreseeable future? Or, do you know if
 there might be plans to replace the current menu editor with a new version
 related to the site editor, which might make addressing this issue an
 effort that would shortly find itself in the WP trash heap?

 In a [https://yoast.com/wordpress-6-3/#h-technical-enhancements-in-
 wordpress-6-3 Yoast blog post about WordPress 6.3] I read:
   Of course, a WordPress release isn’t complete without several
 performance and technical enhancements. Also, as with the last few
 releases, there was a strong focus on accessibility. Making WordPress more
 accessible with every new version that’s being released.

 Which is great to read, and makes me hopeful that the menu editor
 accessibility will be improved in the near future, but the fact that this
 ticket has existed for 5 years and continues to receive no updates of any
 kind does create some pessimism about this issue specifically. Any news of
 any kind at all?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43305#comment:20>