[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56544: When resetting the password, inputting spaces on the left or right accepts and shows a successful reset password message. But when trying to login into the account without those spaces, it successfully logged me in.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 15 17:20:29 UTC 2023

#56544: When resetting the password, inputting spaces on the left or right accepts
and shows a successful reset password message. But when trying to login
into the account without those spaces, it successfully logged me in.
--------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  islammdshariful                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by rajinsharwar):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Just checked on this old issue. I think @costdev is right, if there are
 any spaces before, or at the last, it isn't taken into account. Neither
 those spaces at the first or last get saved in the DB, nor aren't those
 compared while logging in. Yes, only when there are spaces between the
 password strings, that is when it's saved in the Db, and compared while
 logging in.

 This is more like a feature, rather than a bug. So, let me set the
 resolution to "wontfix". Thanks to all who spent their valuable time on
 this ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56544#comment:6>