[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58936: Update @nodelib/fs.scandir and @nodelib/fs.walkto the latest version (3.0.0, and 2.0.0)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 11 18:56:25 UTC 2023

#58936: Update @nodelib/fs.scandir and @nodelib/fs.walkto the latest version
(3.0.0, and 2.0.0)
------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  closed
Changes (by desrosj):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * component:  External Libraries => Build/Test Tools
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Thanks for this one, @rajinsharwar!

 Looking at this further, I am of the opinion that we should not be
 updating this independent of `@wordpress/scripts`, which is the only
 dependency listing these packages. The only exception is when performing
 `npm audit fix` to correct dependencies with known vulnerabilities.

 For example, when running `npm list @nodelib/fs.walk at 1.2.8`, the following
 tree is output:

 {{{
 └─┬ @wordpress/scripts at 26.6.3
   ├─┬ eslint at 8.45.0
   │ └── @nodelib/fs.walk at 1.2.8
   └─┬ fast-glob at 3.3.0
     └── @nodelib/fs.walk at 1.2.8

 }}}

 While the update may be within the version constraints, if every possible
 available update was applied, it would create a fair amount of noise.
 Updating them within the package directly including these packages as
 dependencies will also result in better testing.

 Going to close this out, but if another committer feels strongly otherwise
 it can be reopened and reconsidered.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58936#comment:4>