[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59076: Proposal for removing the version numbers of the JS and CSS files when SCRIPT_DEBUG is set to true

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 11 18:14:32 UTC 2023

#59076: Proposal for removing the version numbers of the JS and CSS files when
SCRIPT_DEBUG is set to true
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Script Loader  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
 I am proposing to remove the version numbers of the JS and CSS files when
 SCRIPT_DEBUG is set to true. As SCRIPT DEBUG is generally used for
 developers, in development environments, it's evident that the version
 numbers can make the changes to the files not reflect on the front end.
 So, I would suggest adding the functionality of removing the version tags
 of the scripts, and styles as well when using this constant.