[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59056: WP 6.3 LOST Formatting/Settings when Live Site is copied to Staging or Cloned

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 10 17:06:14 UTC 2023

#59056: WP 6.3 LOST Formatting/Settings when Live Site is copied to Staging or
Cloned
 Reporter:  lhe2012       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Formatting    |    Version:  6.3
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 == Bug Report
 === Description
 **LOST Formatting/Settings when copied to Staging**. PDF with images
 attached.

 I originally saw this at the end of RC3, but now see that it is in 6.3
 Production also. WordPress 6.2.2 works normally.

 Details Below:
 --------------------------
 Everything looks fine in the LIVE site, but as soon as it is copied to
 STAGING (SiteGround) and then accessed, you can see that the Menu has lost
 it's formatting. Also the Cover Block has lost it's formatting/settings.

 I saw it orignally on a site I am developing, but then tested issue with
 bare bone site (WP 6.3, Theme 2023, No Plugins, just install & copy to
 staging).

 It is same results in Firefox & Google Chrome.

 Also, I just experienced the same results using WPEngine's LOCAL (Latest
 Version 7.1.2+6410).  I create a Vanilla Site (WP 6.3, Theme 2023), then I
 Clone the site ... and formatting has been LOST!

 === Environment
 - WordPress: 6.3
 - PHP: 7.4.33
 - Server: Apache
 - Database: mysqli (Server: 5.7.39-42-log / Client: mysqlnd 7.4.33)
 - Browser: Firefox 116.0 (Windows 10/11)
 - Theme: Twenty Twenty-Three 1.2
 - MU-Plugins: None activated
 - Plugins:
   * SiteGround Optimizer 7.3.4
   * SiteGround Security 1.4.5
   * WordPress Beta Tester 3.5.2

 === Steps to Reproduce
 1. Create bare minimum 6.3 site
 2. Install NO Plugins
 3. View Site (Everything is Good So Far)
 4. Copy Site to Staging -or- Clone Site in LOCAL Environment
 5. View Site (Formatting/Settings have been LOST)
 x. 🐞 Bug occurs.

 === Expected Results
 1.  ✅ Both LIVE & STAGING Sites should be the SAME.

 === Actual Results
 1.  ❌ Staged or Cloned Site has LOST Formatting/Settings.