[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54943: image_get_intermediate_size(): size data is a bool, not an array throws notice / warning (was: PHP Warnings in image_get_intermediate_size() on PHP >= 8)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 7 19:20:26 UTC 2023

#54943: image_get_intermediate_size(): size data is a bool, not an array throws
notice / warning
 Reporter:  fhwebdesign                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  requested                                      |
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * keywords:
     php80 has-patch reporter-feedback needs-testing-info needs-unit-tests
     changes-requested
     =>
     has-patch reporter-feedback needs-testing-info needs-unit-tests
     changes-requested

Old description:

> While testing my website on PHP8.0 (in my example opening the blog page),
> I noticed the following two warnings in the error log:
>

> {{{
> [27-Jan-2022 08:56:34] WARNING: [pool xxx] child 1031078 said into
> stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Trying to access array offset on
> value of type bool in /var/www/xxx/wp-includes/media.php on line 779"
> [27-Jan-2022 08:56:34] WARNING: [pool xxx] child 1031078 said into
> stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Trying to access array offset on
> value of type bool in /var/www/xxx/wp-includes/media.php on line 785"
> }}}
>
> I also noticed with a fresh install of wordpress. PHP 7.4 works great.

New description: