[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50260: Multisite - Getting actual user capabilities with get_role_caps() different with current_user_can()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 4 07:46:46 UTC 2023

#50260: Multisite - Getting actual user capabilities with get_role_caps() different
with current_user_can()
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Mahesh901122             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by vgstudios):

 Thank you for your reply. I misread the first post partially and assumed
 current_user_can would be the one being wrong, while it's get_role_caps as
 you and the first person said. Sorry. So I guess there's a valid reason to
 have non-super admins not have unfiltered_html on MultiSites by default
 (which makes sense if they can't be trusted at all, so they can't destroy
 the domain reputation e.g. with malicious script content).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50260#comment:5>