[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58960: Core cannot handle indexed 8bit PNG, severe implications on filesize and website speed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 2 15:30:37 UTC 2023

#58960: Core cannot handle indexed 8bit PNG, severe implications on filesize and
website speed
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  tgsrvrs            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by tgsrvrs):

 Replying to [comment:3 antpb]:
 > Thanks for this ticket @tgsrvrs ! Would it be possible for you to share
 the source image that you are using that causes this? It would help
 greatly in reproducing it as you have found.

 sure, uploaded as an attachment, I have countless of them if you need more
 but I think that should do it just fine

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58960#comment:4>