[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58128: Deregistering wp-mediaelement also removes media uploader CSS when using ACF on front-end

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 13 16:28:58 UTC 2023

#58128: Deregistering wp-mediaelement also removes media uploader CSS when using
ACF on front-end
 Reporter:  openbayou     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I'm making a WordPress site for clients to add items to a post on the
 front end. I'm using ACF and acf_form to display a custom field on the
 page that has the ability to upload a file. That file is an MP3 file and
 the field is wrapped in <audio>.

 The bug I'm submitting is when you unregister mediaelements, it removes
 the CSS that the media uploader uses to upload a file. If you want to
 style the player differently than the default, you have to unregister
 mediaelements. When you unregister mediaelements, it removes the CSS file
 used to upload media files to WP.