[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58122: 6.2 - customizer.php css no longer appears in theme, FSE custom CSS also does not appear in theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 12 22:08:06 UTC 2023

#58122: 6.2 - customizer.php css no longer appears in theme, FSE custom CSS also
does not appear in theme
 Reporter:  brumack       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  6.2
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Upgrading to 6.2 prevents any saved CSS in customizer from rendering in-
 theme, and for some reason any CSS I add to the Additional CSS area in FSE
 also does not render in-theme.

 Not sure if theres some additional requirement that isn't documented that
 prevents custom CSS from appearing in-theme entirely, but yeah. 6.2 breaks
 a few of our sites that have been relying on customizer css, mostly from
 the client themselves, and theres no visual indication as to why. (also
 afaik in 6.2 changelog it didnt mention that customizer would be fully
 deprecated, so i imagine this was unintentional)