[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58033: Twenty Twenty: Quote block's paragraph does not inherit custom letter spacing in the editor (was: Twenty Twenty theme - quote block does not inherit custom letter spacing for editor side.)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 4 21:21:06 UTC 2023

#58033: Twenty Twenty: Quote block's paragraph does not inherit custom letter
spacing in the editor
 Reporter:  nidhidhandhukiya                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  testing-info                                   |
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * focuses:   => css
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.3

Old description:

> Steps to reproduce the issue :-
> 1. Activate Twenty Twenty theme.
> 2. Choose Quote block.
> 3. Apply letter spacing to Quote block.
> You can able to see the given letter spacing is applied only on the
> **ciation** and not for paragraph where as other side for user it is
> working fine and given letter spacing is applied to both.
> I have attached video for better understanding.
> Video URL :- https://share.cleanshot.com/p70Y4fJn2jV8kmL6bWhg

New description:

 Steps to reproduce the issue :-
 1. Activate Twenty Twenty theme.
 2. Choose Quote block.
 3. Apply letter spacing to Quote block.

 You can able to see the given letter spacing is applied only on the
 **citation** and not for paragraph, whereas other side for user it is
 working fine and given letter spacing is applied to both.

 I have attached video for better understanding.
 Video URL :- https://share.cleanshot.com/p70Y4fJn2jV8kmL6bWhg

 More testing is welcome, but I think the patch is ready.
 - It only changes styles in the block editor for the Quote block.
 - The paragraph inherits the letter spacing properly, matching the front.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58033#comment:5>