[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57390: [ wp-includes/template.php - get_archive_template() ] - archive for post doesn't load the correct template

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 28 09:41:31 UTC 2022

#57390: [ wp-includes/template.php - get_archive_template() ] - archive for post
doesn't load the correct template
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  riccardodicurti  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes           |    Version:  1.5
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                   |
 Good morning everyone, while making templates for the post-type 'post' I
 discovered that:

 The get_archive_template() function ( in wp-includes/template.php line 150
 ) for a post archive returns archive.php instead of archive-post.php while
 the get_single_template() function for a post returns single-post.php.

 In my opinion, the two results don't agree each other and the first
 function should  work for posts as well.

 Thanks in advance.