[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56312: Appending ?name to home URL shows the posts page instead of a static front page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 23 12:09:01 UTC 2022

#56312: Appending ?name to home URL shows the posts page instead of a static front
page
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  masimoti         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by ramon fincken):

 * keywords:  needs-patch needs-unit-tests => close
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * type:  defect (bug) => feature request

Comment:

 Why would you like to add "name" as parameter ?
 As it is a reserved term it cannot be replaced as explained by
 @SergeyBiryukov

 If this bothers you, you might want to switch to another variable get
 parameter name.

 If it **really** bothers you, you need to completely rewrite WP Core for
 your personal use (case), which is absolutely fine, but you will need
 constant and heavy patching for new security and feature updates. I would
 not recommend you doing the latter as ( if you succeed ) will probably end
 you with an outdated and modified version of WP Core.

 So .. my 2 cents .. go with option one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56312#comment:4>