[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57370: WP_Image_Editor_Imagick creates unexpected 'thumbnail' image size when original image is 150x150

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 23 09:08:18 UTC 2022

#57370: WP_Image_Editor_Imagick creates unexpected 'thumbnail' image size when
original image is 150x150
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by wojtekn):

 @danielbachhuber good catch!

 I tried to validate it on the wp-env environment, but I can't reproduce
 the current behavior that we consider incorrect:

 1. I open SSH for the container:

 {{{
 wp-env run cli bash
 }}}

 2. I ensure everything is clean:

 {{{
 wp site empty --uploads --yes && wp option update
 uploads_use_yearmonth_folders 0
 Success: The site at 'http://localhost:8888' was emptied.
 Success: Value passed for 'uploads_use_yearmonth_folders' option is
 unchanged.
 }}}

 3. I download the test image:

 {{{
 wget http://wp-cli.org/behat-data/white-150-square.jpg
 'white-150-square.jpg' saved
 }}}

 4. I import the file:

 {{{
 wp media import white-150-square.jpg --title="My imported small
 attachment"
 Imported file 'white-150-square.jpg' as attachment ID 1.
 Success: Imported 1 of 1 items.
 }}}

 5. I see no additional thumbnail created:

 {{{
 ls wp-content/uploads
 white-150-square.jpg
 }}}

 wp-env uses Imagick:

 {{{
 $ php -i | grep imag
 /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/docker-php-ext-imagick.ini,
 imagick
 imagick module => enabled
 imagick module version => 3.6.0
 imagick classes => Imagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel,
 ImagickPixelIterator, ImagickKernel
 Imagick compiled with ImageMagick version => ImageMagick 7.1.0-50 beta
 Q16-HDRI aarch64 20489 https://imagemagick.org
 }}}

 Maybe it happens only for ImageMagick 6.x?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57370#comment:6>