[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57350: The trunk of WordPress Core may stops CI of plugin developer by trigger_error: E_USER_DEPRECATED "The PSR-0 `Requests_...` class names in the Request library are deprecated."

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 22 10:17:44 UTC 2022

#57350: The trunk of WordPress Core may stops CI of plugin developer by
trigger_error: E_USER_DEPRECATED "The PSR-0 `Requests_...` class names in
the Request library are deprecated."
 Reporter:  yshinoda      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by BackuPs):

 Replying to [comment:2 peterwilsoncc]:
 > Trunk updated Requests to version 2.0 recently, see #54504.
 >
 > As the code you link to is initilizing Requests directly using the
 Requests 1.x class names then these deprecation warnings are expected.

 > To avoid the deprecation warnings you'll need to switch to the new class
 structure of Requests 2.x or use the the `wp_remote_*` functions or the
 `WP_Http` class to interact with Requests. I suggest using the WordPress
 functions and classes.

 It would be nice to know which code (function) is calling it. Now it is a
 needle in a haystack.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57350#comment:3>