[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57325: Fix the error 'Undefined array key' in 'wp-includes\class-requests.php' on line 214

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 15 20:47:24 UTC 2022

#57325: Fix the error 'Undefined array key' in 'wp-includes\class-requests.php' on
line 214
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  ilyachalov    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by ilyachalov):

 Replying to [comment:2 SergeyBiryukov]:

 Thank you for the informative answer!

 Before writing the ticket, I searched for tickets for this problem by
 setting the search string as 'class-requests.php ', but I didn't find any
 tickets in the search results concerning line 214 of this script.

 Now I understand that you and other developers are going to update
 Requests library to version 2.0.0 (or to one of 2.0.1-2.0.5) as part of
 some future version of 'WordPress'. There the code is greatly changed and
 my correction of line 214 will be irrelevant.

 My secondary goal when writing this ticket was to learn how to create a
 patch file from the 'Git' program (from the command line), such that it
 would be suitable for the 'SVN' version control system.

 Could you tell me if my patch file for the 'SVN' version control system is
 suitable for the 'WordPress' project? The documentation says the opposite
 things about this: the article
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/contribute/git/ The Code
 Repository (Git)] section
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/contribute/git/#patches Patches]
 says that you can use the {{{git diff}}} command; and the article
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/tutorials/trac/submitting-a-patch/
 Submitting a Patch] section
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/tutorials/trac/submitting-a-patch
 /#mac-linux-command-line Mac/Linux Command Line] there is a link to the
 article [http://scribu.net/wordpress/svn-patches-from-git.html svn patches
 from git] which recommends using the command {{{git diff --no-prefix}}}.

 Or is it better for me to contact the forum /chat with this question?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57325#comment:3>