[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57293: Twenty Twenty-One: Incorrect Mastodon domain (mastodon.com) for Social Icon in Footer Menu

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 9 17:24:12 UTC 2022

#57293: Twenty Twenty-One: Incorrect Mastodon domain (mastodon.com) for Social Icon
in Footer Menu
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  triumvirate    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by triumvirate):

 Thanks @sabernhardt. Top 10 domains sounds reasonable as a cutoff to me,
 as does merely `mastodon.social` as well, as I didn't get any traction
 with the [https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBWTW/p1670556756960749
 slack question] on a policy on the matter. Happy to put through some pull
 request after I manage to distill the critical bits from
 [https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBWTW/p1670556756960749 the
 contribution guide].

 Thanks for that snippet! @peterwilsoncc suggested the same via Slack; the
 part that I was missing was the filter API which basically did what I was
 thinking was impossible in my last paragraph above. Apparently everything
 is global in PHP or something (??).

 Now, I just have to figure out how to replicate this on my toy local
 dockerized WP setup (got yelled at for testing on prod earlier)  which is
 refusing to render /any/ social URL SVGs whatsoever (even the Facebook
 etc. ones…)… that's an issue for a separate bug report, though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57293#comment:8>