[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52499: Twenty Twenty-One: The color options for social icons does not work with the custom style

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 15 21:49:37 UTC 2021

#52499: Twenty Twenty-One: The color options for social icons does not work with
the custom style
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  poena                    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by paaljoachim):

 **Testing**

 To reproduce this:
 In the editor, add a social link block to a post or page.
 In the block settings sidebar, select the Dark Grey style.
 In the color settings, change the icon color and icon background color.
 See that the background color does not change.
 Save and view the front of the website.
 See that the icons have a background color.

 I added a Social Icons block.
 Changed Styles to Dark gray. (Hides the placeholder icons making these
 invisible in the backend.)
 Changed the Icon color to a light green and Icon background color to a
 dark color.
 As the placeholder disappeared I am not seeing any icons.

 Added Facebook and LinkedIn icons, and a fake link #.
 Changed icon color to light red and Background color to dark blue.
 Backend shows the default Dark gray style and not the light red and dark
 blue colors I added.
 Frontend shows a dark blue background but no light red icons. (These are
 more dark grey/black)

 Another test with the icon color in dark grey and the icon background
 color in a light blue.
 Backend shows no color change.
 Frontend shows light blue background and a dark grey icon color.

 **Testing patch.**

 Selected Dark gray style.
 Added Facebook and LinkedIn links.
 Dark gray Icon color. Light blue Icon background color.
 Dark gray style overrides any user selected colors. Dark grey is seen in
 the backend and frontend.

 I believe the patch is working as intended.

 My impression is that if user selected a Dark gray style and then begins
 to adjust icon and icon background color that the style should
 automatically switch back to Default and that the user should see the
 colors they choose to use. That is though another matter for perhaps
 another ticket....

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52499#comment:3>