[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51259: wordpress 5.5 saves page but doesn't show update and cleared cache not even incognito

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 6 03:15:01 UTC 2020

#51259: wordpress 5.5 saves page but doesn't show update and cleared cache not even
incognito
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Serendipity823               |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |     Status:  new
Component:  General                      |    Version:  5.5
 Severity:  normal                       |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  administration, performance  |
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I am trying to update the homepage of my site in the newest version of
 WordPress. The update is saved in the page since I pressed the publish
 button. However, the update is not reflected on the live site. I tested to
 see if a browser issue by checking on my smartphone, new browser, and
 incognito window--all are not showing the page update. Also, then I tried
 a number of different cache plugins none of them worked. After trying the
 caching plugins I went to clear the cache again and noting changed. I
 wonder if this has to do with the WP upgrade I did to version 5. I was on
 4 previously which I preferred much better honestly at least from a UI
 standpoint. Anyone encounter any such issue? Of course I did google this,
 in case that doesn't go without saying.