[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50894: Replicate default behaviour for Custom taxonomies while creating/updating a post.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 4 18:33:58 UTC 2020

#50894: Replicate default behaviour for Custom taxonomies while creating/updating a
post.
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  shashwatmittal  |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by helen):

 * milestone:  5.6 => Awaiting Review

Comment:

 Because this is WordPress, I have a feeling there are probably people
 assigning terms to post types relying on exactly this lack of checking. I
 don't really have a strong opinion on whether we should change that,
 certainly technically it seems more correct. What I do know right this
 moment is that we are in beta 3 for 5.6 and I bet this will break
 somebody's custom code if not a distributed plugin. Would love some more
 opinions here from folks on whether we should make this change given what
 I understand to be potential implications.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50894#comment:5>