[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52154: Ability to install site with predefined configuration without Docker or console commands — analogue of package.json for full site installation with exact settings, plugins, themes and their settings

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 22 13:59:07 UTC 2020

#52154: Ability to install site with predefined configuration without Docker or
console commands — analogue of package.json for full site installation with
exact settings, plugins, themes and their settings
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  oglekler         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Possibility to install WordPress automatically with full configuration,
 including Settings (General and other), plugins, themes from distributive
 with addition JSON file with all this information.

 It's also could be great to import automatically content from the export
 file, if it's present, as well, for example, it can be demo content or
 actual content.

 I see also an ability to make a visual tool on WP.org to build this JSON
 and download it alongside with distributive. Like: I need SEO plugin — I
 will pick this one, I need security plugin — better be this one, I need
 slider as well — let's try this etc.