[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51181: Capabilities arg for register_taxonomy() inneffective on non-hierarchical taxonomies

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 18 19:12:30 UTC 2020

#51181: Capabilities arg for register_taxonomy() inneffective on non-hierarchical
taxonomies
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jerclarke        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by jerclarke):

 Replying to [comment:2 megphillips91]:
 > I would like to be able to use the Roles and Capabilities API to limit
 edit_posts, delete_posts,  delete_others_posts, and edit_others_posts by
 term value as I can with a custom post type.

 > Does this already exist within core?

 I'm 99% sure this doesn't exist in core. Also I think it's related, but
 very very far from the original topic of this ticket, which is about
 controlling which taxonomies users can interact with based on
 capabilities, not which posts they can interact with based on terms.

 Also, I'll quickly react to @helen's changes to make this minor and a
 feature request: Do you really think it's not a bug that the capability
 args are totally non-functional within this system? Current behavior is
 incoherent, that's a bug to me.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51181#comment:3>