[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52085: Provide an action hook to help developers to extend the Privacy Settings screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 16 04:19:44 UTC 2020

#52085: Provide an action hook to help developers to extend the Privacy Settings
screen
-------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  audrasjb                       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * keywords:  needs-patch 2nd-opinion => needs-patch 2nd-opinion close

Comment:

 Hey @audrasjb I believe reworking the Privacy Settings to use the actual
 Settings API is our best course of action for this, it's been requested
 before. See #49602 for a hook request. We have #44145 for the Settings API
 rework which I believe should enable you to accomplish the same thing as
 your desired hook. Neither have seen much action of late, but there was a
 redesign project that started that would implement the settings api for
 us, see #49264.

 Would the Settings API resolve your requirement? Am thinking this can be
 closed as a duplicate.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52085#comment:1>