[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51927: Twenty Twenty One: Theme color palettes lose contrast consistency in dark-mode.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 3 21:58:54 UTC 2020

#51927: Twenty Twenty One: Theme color palettes lose contrast consistency in dark-
mode.
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  allancole                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by allancole):

 > The second solution has been tested but the pull request was not
 accepted.

 Ahh, didn’t realize that. I’ll try to dig up the old PR to see what
 problems arose with that approach.

 > -It does not only need to check for custom text colors but also for
 custom background, and the > colors must work for both hover and focus
 styles for both filled and outlined buttons.

 Gotcha. I may spend some time trying to build those additional factors
 into a fork of the CodePen above. It’s definitely a complexity issue, but
 if I can get it to work on a smaller scale, I’m certain we can get it to
 work in the theme itself :-)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51927#comment:2>