[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49808: WordPress 5.4: Deprecated: tag_row_actions is deprecated since version 3.0.0

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 30 10:26:13 UTC 2020

#49808: WordPress 5.4: Deprecated: tag_row_actions is deprecated since version
3.0.0
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  delowardev    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * keywords:  2nd-opinion => needs-patch
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 5.4.2

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:4 joemcgill]:
 > Officially deprecating this filter shows that there isn't a simple way
 for plugin authors to add actions generically for all taxonomy list tables
 without looping through each taxonomy individually. I think we should
 either reinstate this action or add a new generic action, like
 `taxonomy_row_actions` that can be used instead.

 Thanks for bringing this up!

 For some context, `category_link` and `tag_link` filters were accidentally
 deprecated in [27827] / #27505 and reinstated for WordPress 5.4.1 in
 #49759.

 This looks like another instance of accidental deprecation in [27089] /
 #26209.

 Let's reinstate the `tag_row_actions` filter.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49808#comment:5>