[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49902: Wrong description for blacklist feature on discussion settings page (missing user agent)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 14 07:31:04 UTC 2020

#49902: Wrong description for blacklist feature on discussion settings page
(missing user agent)
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments     |    Version:  1.5
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  needs-patch needs-copy-review
  Focuses:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 The discussion settings page has a textarea to set up a blocklist with
 this description:

 {{{
 When a comment contains any of these words in its content, name, URL,
 email, or IP address, it will be put in the Trash.
 }}}

 But if I look at the code the user agent is used too in
 `wp_blacklist_check`

 I was wondering if this is made intentionally, because the user agent is
 easily spoofed.

 Should we remove the user agent completely from `wp_blacklist_check` or
 should we change the wording to add the user agent, too?