[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and improve content navigation for assistive technology users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 20 13:41:07 UTC 2019

#47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and
improve content navigation for assistive technology users
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  karmatosed
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  patch needs-design                 |  javascript

Comment (by karmatosed):

 I worked on a few iterations. I do, however, have some reservations over
 labelling all 3 places. My reluctance is we aren't doing elsewhere in the
 interface so it does both create a large amount of cognitive load and
 inconsistency. Similarly, because the only style to reuse is uppercase,
 that creates comprehension issues for those for example with dyslexia.
 However, here is an example of 'all' labels - from a design perspective I
 would advise against this all on version:

 [[Image(http://cldup.com/lGlo2DbbP0.png)]]

 I have shortened to 'filter' as I am unsure this needs to explicitly say
 attachments due to location.

 An iteration that balances cognitive load, comprehension and accessibility
 hopefully is:

 [[Image(http://cldup.com/xfrMKEBYpS.png)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47610#comment:21>