[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45169: Clarify the discrepancy between the default $scheme values in rest_url() and get_rest_url()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 19 18:53:30 UTC 2019

#45169: Clarify the discrepancy between the default $scheme values in rest_url()
and get_rest_url()
 Reporter:  DrewAPicture  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by kadamwhite):

 Update on out-of-band discussion: @rmccue has advocated we standardize on
 `json` as `rest_url` is called in more places. This would make this a
 functional change in addition to a docs change; while this has a small
 chance of introducing breaking behavior if somebody is hooking into
 filters and expecting the other value, our existing inconsistency makes it
 unlikely this is being used many places. I'll attempt to validate that to
 make sure we're not ignoring a real potential concern.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45169#comment:4>