[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47281: Editor: KSES: Include Flex properties in CSS whitelist to support core Column block width

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 15 15:15:08 UTC 2019

#47281: Editor: KSES: Include Flex properties in CSS whitelist to support core
Column block width
 Reporter:  aduth        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  has-patch
  Focuses:               |
 Related: #46597 (r45242)
 Related: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/15499

 As of [https://make.wordpress.org/core/2019/05/15/whats-new-in-gutenberg-
 15th-may/ Gutenberg 5.7], the Column block supports a `width` attribute
 which is implemented by applying a `flex-basis` inline style to the
 block's produced markup. This style attribute is not currently included in
 the [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-
 includes/kses.php?rev=45242#L2057 `safe_style_css` filtered array] and
 thus would be removed by users not privileged with the
 [https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities#unfiltered_html
 `unfiltered_html` capability]
 ([https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/blob/f34057788ddac6b133a077bc56d8a3f7095f75da/lib/compat.php#L11-L26
 filtered by Gutenberg]). As was done with #46597, the default filtered
 array should be modified to include this new style attribute. **This is
 only necessary if and when the Column enhancements arrive in trunk.**

 It is an open question whether all (or common) flex attributes should be
 whitelisted. In my initial patch, I will propose the inclusion of the
 minimal set necessary for Column block support.