[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on 32 bit servers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 13 15:27:48 UTC 2019

#47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on
32 bit servers
 Reporter:  lovingboth               |       Owner:
                                     |  paragoninitiativeenterprises
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by paragoninitiativeenterprises):

 Replying to [comment:32 dd32]:
 > Would it perhaps be possible to "guess" the performance of the system
 when running in 32bit mode? I'm thinking something like "Run 100 Int64
 multiplications, if it takes longer than 10ms it's a super-slow system".
 > Looks like the 32bit DigitalOcean VM above can run ~55k/s
 `ParagonIE_Sodium_Core32_Int64::mulInt64Fast()`'s, whereas the pi can only
 do 4.6k/s.

 A runtime test as a last resort is a good idea.
 https://github.com/paragonie/sodium_compat/pull/90

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47186#comment:33>