[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as shortcodes/widgets/blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 23 12:12:00 UTC 2019

#44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as
shortcodes/widgets/blocks
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request                 |      Status:  closed

Comment (by arena):

 Replying to [comment:22 garrett-eclipse]:

 Hi @garrett-eclipse

 Well, wordpress is already using pop3 access to mailbox in core for
 posting (there is a pop3 class for that) see screenshot attached.

 i already have coded that kind of way of posting a Data Export Request on
 my website.
 (if you mail me at contribute[at]mailpress[dot]org i will tell you how to
 test it).
 It is under test before release inside my favorite plugin ...

 The major problem is that if you receive a mail from an email (the FROM
 mail header), the email complies with the web standards (RFC) but but but
 ... you see were i am going, the request will be discarded due to
 is_email() not compliant with RFC rules .. ;-)

 have a nice week end

 > Hi @arena
 >
 > Replying to [comment:21 arena]:
 > > Major issue with a form is ... spam, and then mail bounce ...
 > For sure, the potential for spam was the main driver behind working on
 this via a Feature Plugin rather than a patch for core.

 > Replying to [comment:21 arena]:
 > > I would prefer a dedicated mailbox (privacy[at]mydomain[dot]tld)
 > > accessed via pop3 with a specific word in subject (export or erase)
 > > that posts a request using wp_create_user_request
 > That's an interesting setup idea and sounds pretty useful but feels like
 it would fall outside of core as the mailsetup and server action to either
 make a REST request or wp-cli request to trigger wp_create_user_request
 that would all have to be configured externally on your server outside of
 core.
 > That being said, the WP-CLI action to create the requests isn't built
 yet but is a part of the V2 privacy roadmap here;
 > https://make.wordpress.org/core/roadmap/privacy/
 > And as to the REST request, there's not currently an endpoint specific
 to requests but as they're simply a custom post so the Posts endpoint can
 be used for that;
 > https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/reference/posts/
 >
 > If you do move forward with your concept would love you to share your
 findings with the team and if there's any blockers hampering you from
 accomplishing that request flow.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44013#comment:23>