[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as shortcodes/widgets/blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 22 19:39:53 UTC 2019

#44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as
shortcodes/widgets/blocks
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request                 |      Status:  closed

Comment (by garrett-eclipse):

 Hi @arena

 Replying to [comment:21 arena]:
 > Major issue with a form is ... spam, and then mail bounce ...
 For sure, the potential for spam was the main driver behind working on
 this via a Feature Plugin rather than a patch for core.

 Replying to [comment:21 arena]:
 > I would prefer a dedicated mailbox (privacy[at]mydomain[dot]tld)
 > accessed via pop3 with a specific word in subject (export or erase)
 > that posts a request using wp_create_user_request
 That's an interesting setup idea and sounds pretty useful but feels like
 it would fall outside of core as the mailsetup and server action to either
 make a REST request or wp-cli request to trigger wp_create_user_request
 that would all have to be configured externally on your server outside of
 core.
 That being said, the WP-CLI action to create the requests isn't built yet
 but is a part of the V2 privacy roadmap here;
 https://make.wordpress.org/core/roadmap/privacy/
 And as to the REST request, there's not currently an endpoint specific to
 requests but as they're simply a custom post so the Posts endpoint can be
 used for that;
 https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/reference/posts/

 If you do move forward with your concept would love you to share your
 findings with the team and if there's any blockers hampering you from
 accomplishing that request flow.

 Thanks for sharing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44013#comment:22>