[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46580: Is there a reason we add noopener noreferrer on all anchor tags with target=?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 21 14:20:01 UTC 2019

#46580: Is there a reason we add noopener noreferrer on all anchor tags with
target=?
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  heller_benjamin  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by heller_benjamin):

 I think they go largely unused. And to be honest, in the case I ran into
 it was only used to deal with some nuances of Gutenberg rather than for
 adding functionality.

 I am not experienced with Angular but it apparently can be used to prevent
 full page reloads for Angular apps.

 It's also interesting to see that the HTML specs allow for other values as
 well:
 https://www.w3.org/TR/html53/browsers.html#browsing-context-name

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46580#comment:2>