[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31792: register_uninstall_hook() causes large amounts of unnecessary updates to wp_options

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 18 09:25:24 UTC 2019

#31792: register_uninstall_hook() causes large amounts of unnecessary updates to
wp_options
 Reporter:  jeichorn                             |       Owner:  jorbin
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by tha_sun):

 This performance optimization patch is applied to several of our
 production sites in the meantime and did not cause any problems.

 Some of our websites are set up using Redis as an object cache.  We found
 this bug after identifying a poor cache efficiency caused by many
 unexpected key writes during regular page view requests of anonymous
 visitors.

 Measuring the performance impact of this isn't easily possible, because it
 mainly affects the server operations under higher load and concurrency.
 Some sites appear to be up to 200ms faster under load with the patch
 applied.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31792#comment:20>