[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45371: Add tag: Use `event.isComposing` to support input method editor (IME) converters

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 12 03:50:55 UTC 2019

#45371: Add tag: Use `event.isComposing` to support input method editor (IME)
converters
--------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia       |       Owner:  ryanshoover
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by ryanshoover):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-refresh => has-patch

Comment:

 @afercia I've attached a patch that reverts back to `keyup` and has a
 simple check for `event.originalEvent.isComposing === false`. A single
 enter key will select the IME character and add the tag.

 Looking at the Quick Edit box, I'd suggest not updating that code. The
 enter key is used to trigger the `save` action. If we pass the IME's enter
 key for choosing one of the selections through to the quick edit JS, then
 selecting a script will also update the post.

 I'd like to have a native user of IME input test the UX to make sure we
 haven't overlooked something. Do you have any suggestions?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45371#comment:10>