[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47566: Woocommerce / Product / Product Data / Inventory / Stock Status --- Please add option "SOLD"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 20 02:18:08 UTC 2019

#47566: Woocommerce / Product / Product Data / Inventory / Stock Status --- Please
add option "SOLD"
 Reporter:  nola_user     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Current 3 options are: "In stock", "Out of stock", "On backorder".

 Please would you add a 4th option "SOLD".

 Our store inventory includes many one-of-a-kind antiques. When an item
 sells, we'd prefer to mark it as 'SOLD' rather than remove it from our
 site. The listing, photography and description continue to have value for
 us & our audience because they also communicate the breadth and type of
 items we offer. And while we have more examples in the shop, it's just not
 economically feasible to photograph and list all.

 We can't correctly mark this item with current options "Out of stock" nor
 "On backorder" because those don't apply one-of-a-kind antiques.

 Here's an example. We sold this antique sterling silver goblet and we'd
 prefer to leave it on our website as an example of the type of things we
 can offer.
 https://www.neworleanssilversmiths.com/product/sterling-silver-victorian-
 goblet/
 It would be correct to be able to mark this as "SOLD". We currently mark
 it as "Out of Stock" but this doesn't make sense for one-of-a-kind items.

 I think this addition would be welcomed by all Woo customers that are
 selling one-of-a-kind pieces be they antiques, art, custom creations, and
 so on.

 Thank you!