[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47508: Row number and column number needs to be swapped(Version 5.2.1 Language zh_CN)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 9 09:07:49 UTC 2019

#47508: Row number and column number needs to be swapped(Version 5.2.1 Language
zh_CN)
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  chfeng        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by chfeng):

 @SergeyBiryukov
 Many thanks for the follow up. However, I am a little surprised.
 Looks like the problem is not really on the translation per se. The
 original translation was correct I believe: i.e. Row Count should be
 translated into "行数", and Column Count should be translated as "列数”.
 There is nothing wrong with that.

 I had a look at the English version, see "English.jpg" in attachment.

 The first row reads"column count",. As I said, the old translation is
 correct. So the first row should read "列数",  But if you look at the
 Chinese UI, "列数" is on the 2nd row.

 My understanding is the translation is correct, but it appears it has been
 put on the wrong position. And now the “corrected” version is trying to
 "compensate" the wrong position with wrong translation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47508#comment:3>