[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47100: Use WPINC constant in script-loader.php, load-scripts.php, and load-styles.php instead of hardcoded wp-includes directory name

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 8 01:56:24 UTC 2019

#47100: Use WPINC constant in script-loader.php, load-scripts.php, and load-
styles.php instead of hardcoded wp-includes directory name
-----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  mwarnermindedge  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  closed

Comment (by Ryan_B):

 Replying to [comment:6 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Replying to [comment:4 Ryan_B]:
 > > Third, anyone using one of the loaders would need to define WPINC in
 their script before calling the loader. Or better yet, allow wp-config to
 be completly stand alone and not fully load WordPress. That would be a
 simple as moving `require_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php' );` out of wp-
 config.php and into wp-load.php after the require_once statement for wp-
 config.php then the script loaders could bring in wp-config.php to get teh
 WPINC constant from there if its defined.

 > Just wanted to note that this doesn't seem as straightforward in terms
 of backward compatibility. It would require every WordPress user to
 perform the change to `wp-config.php`, which does not seem feasible, since
 many of them may not know where it's located or how to edit it.

 I am confused by what you mean by this. What is it that everyone would
 have to change?  If you are referring to everyone having to include WPINC
 in wp-config.php no they wouldn't. Core could still have the default path
 defined if it is not already defined, just like it does for wp-content.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47100#comment:7>