[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44911: TinyMCE pop-up box for adding links flickers and cant be clicked when using Chrome

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 5 09:26:37 UTC 2019

#44911: TinyMCE pop-up box for adding links flickers and cant be clicked when using
Chrome
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  joakimsilfverberg  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:2 mukesh27]:

 Yes, this seems to be the same bug as in #42018, only this time it happens
 in LTR too. Also, seems to be Chrome specific bug, cannot reproduce in
 other Chromium based browsers (on Win10).

 Thinking it's worth it looking for a better solution that [41643], it was
 a quick fix. Seems it is CSS related: an element inserted at the bottom of
 the body (from js) and with `position: absolute` triggers a `scroll`
 event. The flickering happens because we hide the floating toolbar on
 `scroll`, but hovering over any button in it triggers adding a tooltip
 which triggers `scroll`.

 One difficulty here is that we don't have access to the js inserting the
 element. The TinyMCE tooltip divs are added/removed internally, and not
 exposed in the API. Will get to the bottom of it :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44911#comment:14>