[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46127: Allow editing cropped images in Media Library grid view (not just the list view)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 29 22:13:19 UTC 2019

#46127: Allow editing cropped images in Media Library grid view (not just the list
view)
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  webmandesign  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by webmandesign):

 Hi @afercia,

 Thanks for your feedback!

 Yes, [https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_custom_logo/
 get_custom_logo()] falls back to site name by default if there is no alt
 text set for logo image. FYI, if you skip cropping image logo, the correct
 image alt text is applied (if set for the image via Media Library).

 But recently I've had a customer who has set a custom alt text for his
 custom logo image but wasn't seeing the alt text in the logo HTML code, it
 was simply not applied there. I've had a "great" time searching for a
 solution: the logo image was cropped and it was not listed in grid view,
 just in list view ;) Who would thought about that :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46127#comment:4>